— Posted in General
Tips to help you buy a New Mattress
If you are thinking to buy new mattress online, here are a few tips to make sure that you get the best mattress for your bed:
- Your main focus should be on your own comfort level. Even purchasing the most expensive mattress in the shop won’t translate into a great sleeping experience if you are not comfortable on the mattress. To find a mattress that is in line with your comfort level, you should consider a lot of factors, such as the type of materials used in the mattress, and the firmness and size of the mattress.
- There is no one-type-fits-all when it comes to mattresses. Since one man’s favorite mattress maybe another man’s dilemma, you should look for a mattress that is best for you, instead of buying one that experts hail as the best on TV adverts.
- It’s also important to determine your needs when it comes to selecting a mattress size. You can consider buying a more spacious double bed if a narrow bed makes you feel constricted. A queen size bed may be a bit too much for an individual person, but works best if you like to sleep freely. California king or King-sized mattresses are made for master bedrooms and for partners, and offer spacious sleeping room to couples.
- It’s important to remember that firmness levels are not always accurate. You shouldn’t simply believe the labels “extra firm”, “medium firm”, “and firm”. One brand’s medium firm might be equivalent to another brand’s extra firm. Instead of taking these labels up for their words, test the mattress personally. Most bed and mattress shops will let you lie down on their mattresses so that you can glean a feel for them before buying.
- Especially when buying online, you should search various websites and read consumer reviews regarding different brands and online mattress stores. This gives you a better idea of which mattresses are popular with the masses these days, and lets you narrow down your choice.
- While some people think firmer is synonymous with better when it comes to mattresses, know that you only need enough firmness of the mattress to support your spine. On the other hand, excess firmness can prevent your spine from attaining its natural curve when you sleep and causes uncomfortable pressure points as a result.
- While you shouldn’t go for mattresses that are extra firm, too soft is also not an option. Mattresses that are too soft can sag in the middle by your weight and lead to back pain and poor posture in the long run.